LECTURE | Resilience – Thursday 12 March 11.00 – 13.00
March 12 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
The road to being successful comes with challenges that require determination and perseverance to overcome. In this lecture, you will learn how to keep yourself energized and feeling well.
Do you at times struggle with dealing optimally with the challenges in your studies? Do you want to get the best out of yourself, and perform to your full potential? If so, this lecture is for you! In this interactive lecture, you will learn how to build a resilient mindset that helps you to cope better and perform optimally.
In this lecture, you will …
- gain insight in what exactly makes your study challenges ‘challenging’
- learn why study challenges can be a good and a bad thing, and what makes the difference
- gain insight in the difference between the ways of dealing that are effective and ineffective
- learn about the importance of self-care, such as taking time to relax from your studies
- learn how to strengthen your resilience to cope with challenges and set-backs
- acquire practical tips & tricks to build a healthy determination and grit to perform optimally
Johan Pelssers studied Human Factors, Work & Organizational Psychology at Maastricht and Ghent University. In his PhD research at the University of Leuven, he explored the role of supportive social factors in motivation for healthy behavior. After using these insights in the field as a consultant for preventive health and well-being interventions at work, he now works as a Career Counselor at UM Career Services. There he helps students of Maastricht University in discovering their professional desires and talents, growing their employability, and finding the challenges that inspire them. In everything, he loves thinking creatively & drawing up out-of-the-box solutions.
Target group: all students